Executive Support Officer
Level 3, Closing Date: 8 August 2017
About the role
A position has now become available for an Executive Support Officer at Government House Perth. The position requires an individual with a mature and discrete approach to work in an environment driven by protocol and the highest standards of executive service. Applicants should be happy to take on a varying range of tasks along with the main duties outlined below.
The position may require the applicant to work flexible hours on occasion to accommodate the Vice Regal program.
- Administration of inwards and outwards correspondence including assessment and drafting correspondence (including Executive Government processes support) and prepare mail for mail contractor.
- Ensure information and records management systems are updated and maintained to reflect the current status of correspondence.
- Provide support to the Executive Officer with invitation process, and function process, including Open Days.
- Undertake telephone duties including both sensitive and general public enquiries.
- Administration of general community access, including house tour requests, wedding photographs, and liaison with Volunteer Guides.
- Administration of Congratulatory Messages, including the collation of incoming requests, drafting correspondence, and dispatch of signed letters.
- Undertake meeting minutes taking, along with associated approval and dissemination duties as required.
- Monitor ‘House’ diary for general ‘quality control’, and administer entries for road closures and similar.
- Provide general office administration including the ordering of supplies, stationery, and printing.
- Other duties as directed.
- Demonstrated experience in providing administrative support.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated organisational and time management skills with an ability to work with minimal supervision to meet deadlines.
- Proven ability to work as part of a small team.
- Demonstrated ability in word processing, spreadsheets, databases and general computing skills.
- Previous experience with Objective or other Electronic Records Management Systems is an advantage.
- Criminal Record check
- Record of Traffic Infringement Notices
- Evidence of Australian permanent residency
For further job related information
For further information relating to this position please contact Emma Clark on 9429 9154.
A more detailed outline of the duties can be found in the job description attached above.
It is essential you provide us with a comprehensive resume that clearly outlines your overall experience, knowledge and skills.
Your application should include a statement (in no more than three pages) addressing the selection criteria.
Applications to be mailed to:
St Georges Terrace
PERTH WA 6000
Or emailed to: